I’ve been nominated for my very first award! Yay! Thank you so much to Icebreaker694 who put me forward for this! They have a fantastic blog that you should totally go and look at right now. Go on, off you go! Then come back and finish reading my post 🙂
Thank the person who nominated you.
Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
Nominate 11 bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions to answer.
Questions set by Icebreaker 694:
1. What type of YouTube videos do you usually watch?
Usually music videos, or how to guides. The last one was to mend my dishwasher, yawn! Being an adult is boring.
2. If you could undo one thing that happened in the history of the Earth, what would it be?
I’m not sure. There’s obvious stuff like wars – I live in what would have been a medieval city if it hadn’t been completely flattened in WW2 so it would be great to see what that would have looked like (plus, you know, saving the lives of millions of people). On a personal note though, I would like to have stopped my friend from dying from a brain tumor when she was only 20. We all still miss her very much.
3. What is your most anticipated book on your TBR?
There’s two – The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M Auel and Assassins Apprentice by Robin Hobb. I feel like I missed the boat with both of these books so I’m looking forwards to them – especially as I’ve heard only good things about them.
4. Do you have a favorite book publisher? If so then who?
Yes, Virago. In particular l love their VMC collection, which is 20th century classic books written by women in beautiful special edition covers:
I’ve been collecting them for a few years (I even wrote a blog post last year on how much I love them).
5. What is the most random picture you found on the internet?
A picture of my cat’s boyfriend (Jasper) popped up on my Facebook feed because my friend found him in her garden and wanted to keep him! I had to let her know that he belonged to my neighbours and that she had to give him back! Either that or my hard-as-nails, macho friend dressed as a teenage goth with full on eyeliner and nail polish. We were all teenage goths but I just couldn’t picture him being like that.
6. What’s your opinions on graphic novel remakes of an original series?
I haven’t read any graphic novel remakes but I really enjoy graphic novels in general and I think they can only add to the fandom.
7. What do you like to do in your free time?
Gardening! I’ve just got an allotment. I’m growing:
– salad leaves
Plus herbs in a few pots in the garden.
I’m so excited!
8. If you could bring a book/TV show character to life, who would it be?
Severus Snape, always (lol). Mostly so I could look after him. And he could teach my magic.
9. If you could choose your last words, what would they be?
Don’t look in my knicker drawer after I’ve gone! The less said about that the better.
10. What type of animal would you be if you could turn into one?
Chow chow dogs are my spirit animals. They’re big and fluffy, look like bears and don’t like exercise. I’d like to be a pampered pet that just lies around all day eating and sleeping.
11. If you had to choose one book that you could read forever, what book would it be?
If I could only ever read one book for the rest of my life? It would have to be something big and difficult so that it would keep me entertained. Maybe Gravity’s Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon?
1. Have you ever read a book that’s changed your life? If so, how?
2. What book did you hate as a child? Why?
3. If you could spend 24 hours living someone else’s life, who would you choose and why?
4. What would the title of your autobiography be?
5. How do you imagine yourself 10 years from now?
6. What big, obvious, hugely popular books have you not read?
7. What are your thoughts on audiobooks?
8. Have you ever been to a festival or convention?
9. If you could go back in time and re-do one experience or event, what would it be?
10. Can you estimate how many books you’ve read in your lifetime?
11. What three things have you done in your life that you think have improved you as a person?