Hurrah! A book tag!
Thank you so much to Steph at Lost Purple Quill for nominating me for this! I adore tags, and it’s always lovely to be nominated!
Display the award on your blog. Thank the blogger that nominated you and provide a link to their blog. Share 7 facts about yourself. Nominate 10 bloggers for the award and provide links to their blog.
7 Random Facts
1. I absolutely love dogs – ALL DOGGIES EVERYWHERE. I don’t own one but I really would love to. Particular favourites include Beagles and Chow Chows. Oh good God, I would die of happiness if someone gave me a Chow Chow puppy. I’m sure they would wreck my house but CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!!
2. My main hobby (apart from reading – more on that in a sec) is gardening. I’ve recently got an allotment which is draining my time and money in all new and unexpected ways. Today my large compost bin arrived and I also bought some strawberries and raspberry canes. There’s a lot of weeding and clearing still to do but I’ve got quite a lot of fruit and veg either planted up direct or living in my greenhouse.
3. I used to play roller derby, until I got super injured. I really miss being part of the team, skating in general and hitting other girls for fun. It never fails to amaze me how people judge you for being a skater – about 50% say “I can’t imagine YOU doing that” and the other half say “you must be pretty badass then”. Nope! I just liked playing roller derby. Get over it.
4. I have a massively high pain threshold… as I found out when I broke my leg in four places playing roller derby, stuck some frozen peas on it, went to sleep then got up and went to work. I only found out it was broken because I happened to see our Occupational Health nurse and she sent me straight to hospital. I now have two plates and a bolt through my ankle holding my leg together. I didn’t even need painkillers after the operation. The nurses called me Iron Woman!
5. I like really heavy music, as well as a wide variety of other stuff. People are always surprised when I drive up listening to Napalm Death! Other favourite bands are everything from the Smiths, Kate Bush and Depeche Mode to Ministry, Metallica and White Zombie. I’m going to see the Flaming Lips in a few months and I seriously cannot wait.
6. I’m a weird reader. I usually have at least five but as many as twelve books on the go at any one time. I like to choose something from each genre and dip in and out of them all. I didn’t know this was odd until I happened upon a blog post last month where everyone was saying that they could only read one book at a time. No wonder I get through two books a week.
7. I own a second property that I’m doing up to rent out. This has meant a huge learning curve for my practical skills. Last weekend I re-pointed a wall (filled in the crumbling cement between the bricks) which was actually really enjoyable.
Also, I’m a feminist, a comic book nerd and a happy little pokemon trainer (I had to squeeze these in).
Sorry if you’ve already been tagged! I look forward to hearing all about you!