I’ve been tagged by the amazing Liz over at Travel in Retrospect to do a fun Christmassy bookish tag – yay! It’s been literally months since I’ve done one so thank you!
Let’s find out how naughty I’ve been..😯
– Tag & link the person who tagged you
– Tag and link me/this post (if you would be so kind, I love reading your answers!)
– Tick/cross off the ones you’ve done
– Tag another 10 people!
1. Received and ARC and not reviewed it 😈
So I did what everyone does when I first signed up for NetGalley and got super excited, requested everything then realised exactly how much time it would take me to read and review it all. I’m still ploughing through my backlist but yeah, there’s about ten that I haven’t got round to.
2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on NetGalley 😇
I finally made it to 80% feedback this year! I was fully expecting my badge…then it never came. I’m still waiting on NetGalley to fix this technical error (seriously, how hard can it be).
3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on you blog and then never did it 😇
I’m only rating myself as nice on this one because I barely ever use Goodreads! So far I’ve never promised them anything – I mostly avoid the site as much as possible. I saw someone tweet the other day that they wanted to go back to uni just to learn coding purely so they could fix Goodreads and that pretty much sums up my feelings.
4. Folded down the page of a book 😇
Do you think I’m a heathen? Of course I don’t. I have many improvised bookmarks (train/bus/gig tickets, receipts, leaflets, shopping lists, any old bit of paper rolling round in my bag…). There’s really no excuse.
5. Accidentally spilled on a book 😈
I like to read in the bath and I like to snack in the bath, so the combination of heat and water and food and paper occasionally converge. I get angry with myself when it happens though.
6. DNF a book this year 😈
I have, and it’s the first book I’ve ever thought “nope, enough of this nonsense, DNF” instead of getting bored and leaving it lying around unfinished for years. It was surprisingly freeing. I’m sure I’ll be doing more of that.
7. Bought a book because it was pretty with no intention of ever reading it 😇
No. Why would I do that? Pretty books usually have the best stories.
8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework) 😈
Oh yeah. I’m definitely one of those “just one more chapter” people. Especially if the thing I should be doing is sleeping.
9. Skim read a book 😇
No. Either read it or DNF it. Unless it’s a textbook and you’re looking for a specific thing.
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal 😇
See my previous answers regarding my hatred of the cult of Goodreads. I do a reading challenge every year and I’ve just completed that, so I’m awarding myself a halo.
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it to the library 😈
I have a confession to make…I once STOLE A BOOK from my primary school library. On purpose. From a primary school! What a tearaway I was. It’s the only thing I’ve ever nicked and I still feel guilty.
12. Broke a book buying ban 😈
Every. Single. Time. Did it yesterday, in fact.
13. Started a review, left it for ages, and then forgotten what the book is about 😇
No, but I have put off reviewing a book then entirely forgotten the plot. I like to write all my reviews in one go so it’s rare I’ll start one then come back to it.
14. Wrote in a book you were reading 😇
No, no, no. Although I do like reading other people’s notes – but only if they’re in pencil. What can I say, I’m weird.
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads 😈
All the time!
16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend 😈
Yes but only because my friend borrowed a load of books from me and never returned them, so now I’m holding hers to ransom.
17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book 😈
Yes, the friend who never returns books!
18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book 😈
How do you read a book without breaking the spine a bit?
19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up doing more damage 😇
I very rarely buy hardback books and if I do, I always leave the jackets on, so no.
20. Sat on a book accidentally 😈
Yeah, loads of times. There’s books everywhere in my house and I’m always dropping them, knocking them over, kicking them under the bed…I love my books but until they get read they don’t get put on my bookshelves, so they have to withstand a fair bit of abuse.
Wow, eleven naughty and nine nice! That’s a lot better than I thought (even though some of my answers were slightly creative). Do I still get Christmas presents?
I’d love to hear what you think so let me know/tag me back!